Thursday, August 19, 2010

My Portion, My Cup

I've been reading "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan, and it has revolutionized the way I look at my lifestyle.  I highly encourage you to read it.  As I was reading today, I was re-struck (I've been struck by this idea before, but it was brought to the front of my mind again, thus: re-struck) by the idea that God is everything to me and for me.  I wonder how often I forget and get distracted from my Savior.  I found the following Scripture passages enlightening, reassuring, and worthy of my meditation:

Psalm 16
Psalm 63
Lamentations 3
Matthew 6

I love the reoccurring theme that God is everything. He provides, protects, and leads.  He is Just, Loving, and Steadfast.  I pray you are benefitted by these chapters as I am.

P.S.  Chapter videos by Mr. Chan regarding the chapters in "Crazy Love."
http://www.crazylovebook.com/videos_chapter.html

EDIT:  Crazy Love sells 1 million copies... http://www.christiannewswire.com/news/607314715.html

No comments:

Post a Comment