Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Carry Me

A few years back, I saw for the first time a short story titled "Footprints in the Sand."  In it the main character talks to Jesus about his life's journey.  He then mentions how good it was to have Christ there through much of the way, but points out that several times, during hardships, he saw only one set of footprints.  He then asks Jesus why, in that time of need Christ would leave him alone.  Jesus' response is "When you see only one set of footprints, I didn't leave you, it was then that I carried you."


I love that story so much, and as life gets crazy and deadlines, meetings, and chaos build up around me, sometimes I can only say, "Jesus, carry me."  I say it because I ought.  I say it because He can.  I say it, because without Him there is no point to anything I do.  


Psalm 28:7 - The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.
Lamentations 3:57 - You came near when I called you, and you said, “Do not fear.”
Psalm 39:7 - "But now, Lord, what do I look for? My hope is in you."
Psalm 121:1-2 - I lift up my eyes to the mountains—where does my help come from?  My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.
In reality, God carries us everyday.  We shouldn't turn to him just because we encounter difficulties... but all the same, when the difficulties arrive, it is good and right to ask him to carry us.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment